Enquiry Tracker Pty. Ltd. ABN: 41 622 948 734 (‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’) regards personal privacy and compliance with our obligations under the Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles, as an important part of our relationship with users of our services.
In this Policy we refer to Organisations, Users, Enquirers and other terms for those who access or use our services; if you are not familiar with these and others terms, please review our Definitions.
In short, Enquiry Tracker will never share or rent your data to anyone without your consent.
Information we collect
Information collected from Organisations
- Enquiry Tracker Account Information. The Service may collect information about a Organisation account including organisation name, logo, organisation contact information including address (physical and website URL), and school contact information (including name and email address).
- Financial Information. The Service may collect financial information in order to provide an Organisation our Services.
- User Request Information. The Service requires basic information about Users (e.g. staff or approved representatives) in order for the Organisation to invite Users to access Enquiry Tracker. This includes the User’s name, job title and email address(s).
Information automatically collected about Organisations
- Usage Information. We collect usage information in regards to any User activity related to our Services, such as the IP address from which you access the Services, date and time, information about your browser, operating system and computer or device, pages viewed and items clicked. We may also collect location information, including location information automatically provided by your computer or device. We also log all information about what has changed including, emails, changes, and communications.
Personal Information collected from Enquirers
Our Services may be used to collect the following information, which is provided by the Enquirer:
- Personal Information. Our Services may collect personal details such as an individual’s name, location, date of birth, nationality, family details and other information defined as “Personal Information” that allows identification of the individual;
- Contact Information. Our Services may collect information such as an individual’s email address, telephone & mobile phone number, address and other information that allows us to contact the individual;
Other Information requested by Organisations. Our Services may collect information via WebForms that are implemented by the Organisation.
- Other Information provided by Enquirers. Our Services may collect any additional information an Enquirer chooses to provide in Enquiry Tracker.
- User Correspondence. We may collect any personal correspondence that an individual sends us, or that is sent to us by others (e.g. Users, Organisations, business partners, suppliers) about the individual’s activities
How we use information we collect
One of Enquiry Tracker’s core purposes is to help Organisations track prospective students. Organisations do this by using the Services to collect Enquirer Information such as contact information, student information and interests. The Organisation’s Users have access to this information for the purpose of understanding the profile of their potential future student population.
- We will never use Personal Information collected in our Services for any purposes other than making the information available to an authorised User, or other Individuals authorised by the User.
- We will never use the Personal Information for any marketing or commercial purposes, and we will maintain all Student Information in the strictest confidence.
- We will not disclose or sell Personal Information to unrelated third parties under any circumstances.
Our Services will retain Personal Information until the Enquirer and/or Organisation deems it no longer necessary to be kept. Enquiry Tracker does not automatically delete Personal Information added by Enquirers, because Enquiry Tracker is fully User controlled. Users can choose to permanently delete an Enquirer record at anytime. It is the responsibility of the Organisation to delete Personal Information if it is no longer required for compliance or legal reasons.
Other ways we use personal information:
- To provide, maintain and improve our Services, which may include:
- The provision of goods and services;
- Verifying an individual’s identity;
- Communications between Enquirers, Users, Organisations and Enquiry Tracker (including email, phone and Live Chat from the Website);
- Analysing trends, administering or optimising the Services, monitoring usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Services);
- Investigating complaints about or made by an individual.
- Basic account data will be visible to the Enquiry Tracker support team in any location. This includes User/account holder name and email address.
- Circumstances which we must disclose an individual’s Personal Information.
- As required or permitted by any law.
- In order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer Personal Information to a new owner). In this case, we will ensure that the new owner has privacy policies consistent with this policy.
- The Company does use other third-party systems to run our business and communicate with Enquirers, Users, Organisations and Prospects. We ensure any third-party products only store the minimum relevant information in any system outside Enquiry Tracker. These service providers may be located in Australia or in the United States of America, and include:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – To manage our leads and customer database (separate to User data).
- Marketing Automation Platform – To send marketing promotions.
- Accounting Software – To process account payments.
- Google Analytics – To analyse web traffic.
- Email – To send or reply to emails from a User, Organisation or Prospect. The Emails we send (like most emails) are stored on third party systems (e.g. email clients such as gmail/outlook) as clear text.
School Representative Access
The Service provides support for additional features such as managing attendees at an Organisation’s event. Users are able to set the Service to enable a School Representative such as a student; staff member or volunteer such as a student; staff member or volunteer to manage the event, including check in attendees, verifying basic contact information etc.
Our goal is to be clear about what information the Service collects. For example, Users can control:
- View, add and edit. Enquiry Tracker is designed to allow Enquirers to add and manage personal information entered by other Users or via WebForm completions.
- Data portability. Users can export personal data stored in Enquiry Tracker in an open standard electronic format (XML or CSV). This includes data such as Enquirer Profile , and Student Information.
- Blocking Cookies. Users may also set their browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us (see Cookies Policy). However, it is important to remember that many of our Services may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Opt-Outs. Enquirers can “opt-out” to receive communications such as email, mail and SMS.
Opting “IN” or “OUT”
- The Services to store any Personal Information the Enquirer chooses to add to provide;
- The Services to send them communications on behalf of an Organisation;
If an Enquirer has been added to Enquiry Tracker and wants to Opt Out, they can do so by contacting the Organisation and asking to be excluded or unsubscribing from relevant communications.
If an Enquirer wishes to unsubscribe from an Organisation’s updates (e.g. event notifications,, etc), they can do so by clicking on the email Unsubscribe link.
Security and Safety of Personal Information
We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect personal information. Access to Personal Information about Enquirers is limited to Users that the Organisation has approved. For more information see our Security Practices.
Enquiry Tracker uses SSL encryption to transfer Personal Information and leverages the data security built into Google Cloud Platform. See our Security Practices for more information. Despite this, the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. Each individual that provides information to us via the internet or by post does so at their own risk. We cannot accept liability for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose an individual’s Personal Information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of an individual’s information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
Data Breach Policy
If an individual suspects any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to their Personal Information, they should let us know immediately (Contact Us details below).
If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information, we will inform the Organisation at the earliest opportunity as per our Data Breach Policy.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We will work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our Users directly.
Complaints and Disputes
If an individual has a complaint about our handling of their Personal Information, they should address their complaint in writing to the contact details below. If there is a dispute regarding Personal Information, both parties must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between each other.
If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an Organisations account, we will inform the Enquirer, User and/or Organisation at the earliest opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
In the event that you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can refer the complaint to your relevant local authority (e.g. Australian Privacy Commissioner).
Changes to Policy
All correspondence with regards to privacy and security should be addressed to:
The Data Protection Department
Enquiry Tracker Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 182
Malvern VIC 3144
Email: [email protected]
You may contact the Data Protection Department by email in the first instance.